Moving from Pandemic in 2020 going into 2021
- 2021 Pet Pandemic Project: build a working gaming PC.
- Build one pet project website and stop trying do all 5 at the same time.
- Lose 20-30 pounds by the end of 2021 aka stop skipping meals.
- Hula + Ukulele + Hawaiian language
#3) Plugin: Going to take Hello Dolly and change it bit to a plugin that I’ll share with you when it’s done. I just check and I can submit my plugin into the WP Plugin Repo as long as I give credit to Hello Dolly.
Project Check In:
Phase I: Rebrand + Wire Frame –
Phase II: Update content + photos
Phase III: Build
Phase I: Design + Wire Frame – Next Week
Phase II: Content
Phase III: Build
- Build a WP Theme from Underscores w/ a simple plugin.
Phase I: Split Screen (JS) Site:
- Icons for the social media
- Author’s name getting cut off on the desktop break
- gallery code only working in mobile break.
Phase II: Turn Project #2’s Split Screen (JS) Site into a WP site using Underscores.
Phase III: Make a simple WP plugin for the site
Project #3: Learning to build a WordPress Theme from Underscores.
Intake: Meet with Client.
Design: Style Title + Wire Frame + Client Feedback
Development: This well the challenge.
Time Frame: One Year from Start Date
- Learn to understand what goes into making a very simple WordPress Theme from Underscores.
- Make a very simple plugin
- Work with a real client
- Wireframe: Create a wireframe
- Code: Work on coding the page
- Blog: Document it and blog the trails + errors
- Research: how to add JS into a prebuilt WordPress Theme.
Time Frame: Ideally at the end of the summer.
WireFrame: I’m going to build it out and then go back and work tinker with the design + ux.
Notes: I posted it on FB and received some feed back. I adjusted it to the current version.
Next Week: Game Plan
with my own lessons/internship this summer.
- 1 hour coding lessons + reading web related stuff
- 1-2 hours researching and planing out what I would like to accomplish aka scooping out my projects. Keeping notes on what works and doesn’t work.
Starting next week – Four hours each day:
- 1 hour learning to code and reading up on web tech
- 2-3 hours working on project. I need to learn time manage my projects and document my time, so that I get a better idea on how long things take me.
I will have 3 projects:
- Updating a WP site for a client, that including working with a real client.
- Work on creating a JS site that has a funtioning registration form to take client information. It would be nice to use it as my intake form for people who are interested in hiring me.
- Work on learning to use Underscores to build my own WordPress Theme. This dose not need to be completely done but help me learn about building a custom WP theme and plugin.
I must document all 3 projects and learn to use Github as version control. Write a blog weekly on what I learned. Need to learn to project manage in time allotted. These projects will go on my resume portfolio site (beleestudio.com).
“Make Plans, Make God Laugh.”
It doesn’t matter if you believe in God or any higher energies, you know what I mean. For this summer, I was looking to get an internship or pt job but with my mother’s health now hanging by a thread again and my own health been having issues. So I’m going to be picky on what I do with my time. Right now, I’m not finding a internship or a pt time job that fits what I want to learn, so I need to create it.
Decide that I am making my own internship/pt job working for myself for 20 hours a week. Going to slowly train myself into working 4 to 5 hours a day on web dev during the week. Have about 3 potential paid clients I am talking to, one pet project that I am meeting with next week, and one mock project client that I’m planing to use to create a WordPress Theme for using underscores. Going to do a check in at the end of July to see how it is working.
- 1hr: Lessons + Learning + Reading
- 2-3 hours: Build site and take notes on what I need to work on
- 10 min breaks per hour
- Personal Chef Site
- Artist Site w/ Etsy site using underscores to build a WordPress Theme (optional)
Add projects on:
- My portfolio on beleestudio.com
- Github – learn to use version control
- Codepen to play with options