“Make Plans, Make God Laugh.”
It doesn’t matter if you believe in God or any higher energies, you know what I mean. For this summer, I was looking to get an internship or pt job but with my mother’s health now hanging by a thread again and my own health been having issues. So I’m going to be picky on what I do with my time. Right now, I’m not finding a internship or a pt time job that fits what I want to learn, so I need to create it.
Decide that I am making my own internship/pt job working for myself for 20 hours a week. Going to slowly train myself into working 4 to 5 hours a day on web dev during the week. Have about 3 potential paid clients I am talking to, one pet project that I am meeting with next week, and one mock project client that I’m planing to use to create a WordPress Theme for using underscores. Going to do a check in at the end of July to see how it is working.
- 1hr: Lessons + Learning + Reading
- 2-3 hours: Build site and take notes on what I need to work on
- 10 min breaks per hour
- Personal Chef Site
- Artist Site w/ Etsy site using underscores to build a WordPress Theme (optional)
Add projects on:
- My portfolio on beleestudio.com
- Github – learn to use version control
- Codepen to play with options